This web page provides communication updates and resources for families during the pandemic.
If you child or someone in the household tests positive for COVID-19, please notify the school nurse or COVID Coordinator.
For up-to-date COVID-19 information, please visit the Lummi Public Health website:
Health and Safety Plan and Building Expectations
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
Fever (100.4 or greater) or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Cough (new, changed or worsening)
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Beginning on August 31, 2022 through August 30, 2023, Lummi Nation School will be testing students for COVID-19 if there is any concern for COVID exposure or infection. You may opt out of having your child tested for COVID-19 by completing the COVID-19 Testing Opt-Out form found below.
If you do not complete and return the opt-out form, you will be presumed to have consented to the following:
• I consent for my child to be tested for COVID-19 infection by Lummi Nation School staff or Lummi Tribal Health personnel.
• I understand that collecting a specimen for testing involves inserting a small swab, similar to a cotton swab, into both nostrils.
• I consent that the school may notify my child of the test results.
• I understand that my child may be tested multiple times.
• I understand that school staff performing the test are not acting as my child’s medical provider and that testing does not replace treatment by a medical provider.
• I understand that my child’s test results and other information may be disclosed to Lummi Nation School staff, Lummi Tribal Health Center, and as otherwise permitted by law.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Lummi Nation School nurse.